South West Regional College Privacy Principle Information
The South West Regional College recognises the importance that individuals place on the manner in which we treat their personal information.
College policies relating to personal information are based upon 11 Information Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988, which govern the collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information by the College, as well as providing individuals with certain rights to access their personal information and correct errors.
The College collects the personal information of our students to complete the enrolment process and to perform surveys. This is required under Part 4, section 17 of the Vocational Education and Training Act 1996. Personal information is passed onto the Department of Education and Training, the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) and the consultants who are contracted to perform local, state and national student surveys.
In order to improve student services and facilitate your participation in Vocational and Educational Training in Western Australia, your information may be given to other TAFEWA colleges.
The College is also required to pass on student information to:
- Centrelink, regarding enrolment and attendance details, for Abstudy, Austudy and Youth Allowance
- Police - if a student is alleged to have committed a criminal offence
- Parent/Guardians of students under 18 years of age
- Employers of apprentices/trainees, regarding progress and attendance
- State and Federal Government Departments and their agents as required
- Other academic institutions to which a student has transferred - regarding academic progress at SWRC of TAFE.
Information will also be disclosed as necessary to prevent or lessen a serious or imminent threat to the life or health of a student or another person.