Part time study is an attractive option for students who are currently in the workplace and who are seeking to upgrade their skills or to augment their current range of competencies. It is also an appropriate mode of study for those people seeking to return to the workforce or who need to acquire particular skills to enhance their employment prospects or gain promotion. Part time study enables you to achieve these career aspirations and can be accommodated within busy lifestyles.
The South West Institute of Technology has a broad range of courses as well as individual units that can be undertaken on a part time basis.
Students who wish to apply and enrol for part time studies must meet the entry requirements relevant to the course they wish to study.
Information on our part time courses will be available in November and enrolments take place on a first come first served basis. It is recommended that you contact our Information and Career Advisory service on (08) 9780 7070 or free call 1800 621 445 to determine whether there are any prerequisites such as portfolios or interviews which may be applicable to your chosen course.
To aid the enrolment process please ensure that you have evidence of your academic and employment history as well as any concession cards.
There are two options available for payment of fees – Pay in Full or Direct Debit.
- All students are required to pay at least $100 deposit on enrolment regardless of concession
- Students enrolling in a semester course will have fortnightly deductions for a maximum of twelve weeks to pay total fees
- Students enrolling in a full year course will have a maximum of 24 weeks to pay off their total fees
- Employer/sponsor arrangements are still available
- All enrolments under $100 are to be paid in full
- Additional enrolments cannot be added to an existing student debt and must be paid in full
Applying and enrolling for short courses and external studies
For information on short courses and external studies click on the attached link or contact our Course Information Service staff on (08) 9780 7070 or freecall 1800 621 445, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply and enrol for short courses and external studies contact the relevant faculty.